Monday, July 11, 2011

adding to my summer reading list

I got to go to a meeting of the Yarn Fanatics this morning. I read about them in the My Las Cruces supplement that I found in one of those free paper racks. They were very nice ladies, and all were knitting while I crocheted (working on a basic granny square afghan or lap blanket or something). They meet in the Barnes & Nobel at the mall.

A bookstore, you say? How convenient. Why, yes, yes it was. The new Gail Carriger novel is out, in her Parasol Protectorate series, Heartless. I had checked on line to see if I could have them hold one for me, but they were out of stock. Evidently the delivery was TODAY, so they will call me when they get it unpacked. Yay! Along with that, I had seen a book called Sense & Sensibility and Sea Monsters. While we were checking to see if that was on the shelves, I ran across Dawn of the Dreadfuls, by the same author, Steve Hockensmith. It is a prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I enjoyed very much. The will hold the Sea Monsters book for me, as it is evidently in today's shipment as well. Yesterday, I found a book called, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs quite by accident. I bought it after watching a video of the making of the book trailer (it had some footage of some awesome abandoned places around Europe).

A summer of reading and crafting? What could be better.

No comments: