Thursday, February 23, 2012

around the block again

Raine and I had a lovely evening together, just the two of us. We went and had chicken tacos with salad on the side (yes! even "I won't eat dishes that have salad in the name of them because somewhere, there MIGHT be lettuce in them" girl). When we got home, Raine suggested a trip around the block. She practiced riding her bike - she's gotten MUCH better at it - and I walked. I think we're going to have to raise the seat on the bike before we get to take off the training wheels.

This is a familiar trail for us, first on the tricycle, then on the scooter. Now, we'll go around and around on the bike. I don't mind. In fact, I enjoy it, and it's good exercise, which we all know I can use. I like walking through the neighborhood, saying hello to the neighbors, seeing the improving - or deteriorating - state of this or that house. I feel like it keeps me connected to a neighborhood that I appreciate.

Then, Raine suggested a movie, and we put in Big Trouble in Little China. Yeah, its an entertaining romp, and we both enjoyed it. I even took a spin or two at the sewing machine, and finished up a couple new cards.
the sun and the tree
These cards are based on a project for the Curves Class I'm taking online. Wow, I'm so glad I did that class, and it's not over yet! These are pretty much practice for a mini quilt that I probably won't get to until later this year. I'm a card-making maniac now, so watch out!

No comments: