Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Has it really been THAT long???

April 17, 2008

I've been helping out with the planning of my 30 year high school reunion. Yes, dahling, of course I look mahvelous for my age... I was an infant when I graduated. Oh wait, we ALL were, weren't we.

I wasn't one of the "in" kids in high school, and never cared to be. Still, I have kept up with several of my high school friends. MUCH more than I have kept up with anyone I met in college. Not all the classmates who I'm working with on the reunion. It's a rather diverse group - or I probably wouldn't be enjoying them so much. Wow, they are reasonable human beings, now that they are all grown up. I suspect I'm a lot more reasonable as well. I'm looking forward to going to the reunion, and touching base with more of my classmates, see what they've done with their lives, and all. See what they've made of themselves since last we met.

Is your high school reunion on your to-do list? What? Its not? why? Still not a size 7, huh. Me either, and never will be. Not rich and famous? got that covered too. No one will look on you will awe? Well, contrary to the movies (and maybe a 10 year reunion) no one really cares... or at least most of them don't. I skipped the 10 year reunion, myself, then really enjoyed my 20 year reunion. I got to find out all those teenagers I graduated with grew up (thank goodness) and became real people, like I finally did. REALLY! And they were interesting to talk to, and they were interested in talking to me. Of course I didn't spark some wonderful relationship that never could get going back when we were younger. I wasn't trying to. That wasn't why I was there, either. Who knows about this time, working on the event may actually make me some friends that I will enjoy for years to come, and wouldn't that be a nice thing?

No comments: