Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What to do, what to do

April 07, 2008

Well, I actually had been thinking about other things, but Dev, your post in response to yardwork seemed to strike a chord with me. I kept thinking about that creepy neighbor, and wanting to offer advice (you know, the kind that you would not follow anyway). I really couldn't think of any. I DID think of a smart-ass remark, like "If I act creepy will you come spread grass seed in MY yard?" Of course that's because my yard could use it (and isn't covered in rock already... at least not on purpose), and I'm lazy. Could you spread some fertilizer too while you are at it?

Still, what DOES one do about someone whom they find creepy? I mean there is general avoidance, and it generally works well, I find. But, what about those un-avoidable situations? The next door neighbor... the close-in-proximity co-worker. the friend of a partner or spouse... I mean I'm all for following those "this person is creepy" instincts, but what if you must deal with them anyway? Open door policy, meaning I only deal with you when I'm near an open door? Always have a witness? What ideas and suggestions do those of you out there have? (OK, I know readership is limited at this point, but still, I AM an optimist...)

No comments: