Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweeney Todd

April 09, 2008

See it. Its out on dvd now. I've seen parts of a previous production... with Angela Landsbury if I remember right, but THIS production, by Tim Burton, with Johnny Depp leading a wonderful cast, is truly outstanding. The care taken with set, wardrobe and make-up only enhances the experience. Yes, there is violence, and gorey spouting blood and bodies falling on their heads (that was probably the most disturbing part to me). Yes, I saw it on the big screen, and it was excellent, and I recommended it to several friends at the time. Now, though, now you can watch it at home, and learn the songs by heart and sing them while you are driving to work and....

Actually , if you haven't got the big screen TV, find someone who does, and offer to bring the popcorn. This is a movie that deserves it.

PS I won't be posting for the next couple of days, because I will be out of town without a computer. I'll be attending a reading conference, and reading a book or maybe even two. I'll try to arrange for comments to be posted in the mean-time, but your patience is appreciated.

No comments: