Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thursday

April 21, 2008

I get to register Raine for kindergarten. Its kind of exciting, for her, as well as us (or at least me). She will be attending the school that is practically across the street from our house. The school where I went to first, second and third grade (and have the yearbook with the terrible pictures to prove it). The school where my brother (her uncle) works as crossing guard. The knowledge of her uncle being on the way seems to add a little measure of confidence to a new situation for her.

For the past couple years, we have visited the school for fund raiser breakfasts, or planning meetings and of course she has played on the playground. We thought that would help her be a little familiar with and comfortable with the school. Still, the classrooms will be different and new to her. An adventure! I'm hoping she will make some nice friends among the neighborhood children, and will have other kids to play with that are in easy reach. No! of course that doesn't mean I want her to forget Ezekiel... he's a special friend, and I hope they enjoy playing together for a long, long time. I think it is really, really, cool for her to have a second generation friend.

And really, she's just waiting for that summer vacation to come. Just a few more weeks, Baby, just a few more weeks.

No comments: