Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Looking at the moon

April 19, 2008

I am not a night owl. I'm a morning person. (You can hate me for it if you want to, I don't mind.) Still, I have been known to work graveyard shift on occasion - though not recently, since schools don't generally run a graveyard shift, but I have worked other jobs. One of the things about being up so late is being able to look at the sky. Tonight we had a light cloud cover, that obscured the stars, but not the moon. I just love the way the moon looks through clouds,especially a full moon, and this one is pretty full. I also love the way the clouds look with the moon behind them. They glow. Its beautiful.

The night itself was pretty nice, too, cool but not cold, the kind you just want to sit out in. Fran and Lillian, its nights like these that you stay in New Mexico for, remember? It is truly a harbinger of summer. So I've stayed up waayyy past my bedtime, which is usually what happens on gaming night, and Ive gotten to see the beauty of night. Yep, I'm definitely putting that one back on the to-do list.

No comments: