Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One thing crossed off...

April 04, 2008

Well, this is the beginning. That scary first step off into the void, or perhaps one more voice in the mad cacophony that is the Internet.

What is it for, this blog? So many things to do, and so little time to do them, and here I am typing away at my keyboard, wondering if anyone else has this a similar to-do list for their lives and could use a sounding board, a word of helpful advice that they are sure not to follow, and maybe a little bit of support as the wander into the bright light of RL.

I DO have a to-do list. Its lodged in my brain, fluctuating and morphing, depending on day, hour and mood. Getting healthier is on my list, hovering near the top. I love crafts, and creating things brings great personal satisfaction, and I have a couple of quilts in mind. Sewing some new pieces for my wardrobe, and generally considering my personal style for those garments, IF I have anything that can be classified as a personal style. And the yard! Don't go there... no, I mean it. It's a desert out there, and I sure wish it were more inviting. It needs a compost pile, and a garden to put it in. With the way the economy is going, I'm beginning to think the kitchen garden will be back in style sooner rather than later, and since we won't be able to afford the gas to go out shopping, we'll all have more time to spend in our yards, right? On top of all of that... or maybe adding to the list are all those home projects that all homeowners have (and usually consider an adequate to-do list all on their own). And writing. Let's not forget that written conversation that I intend to join in a new way. I've read and responded to the blogs of others, slowly letting the experience get under my skin until I felt I had to initiate a conversation or two, or, well I'm sure you're getting the idea.

Welcome to the list, what will we cross off together?

No comments: