Sunday, October 25, 2009

getting ready for halloween



One costume down, and one to go...

It was a bunch of applique. I pretty much used two spools of thread to get it all done. Still, I think it came out pretty well, conveying the idea of Bionicle, without copying exact pieces or anything.

Opening side seams on the top, and crotch seam on the bottoms really worked well to facilitate the applique, and using the serger to restitch them worked like a charm.

Oh, and I think Raine approved, as well. She tried it on, and posed for pictures... and then didn't want to take it off. Not too long until her bath time, so she got to wear it for a bit.

Now, Ron's coat still awaits. Oh, and so do the dishes... oh well.

2 comments:

Fran said...

What a FABULOUS costume! That's just amazing!

Unknown said...

I love it.
Though I still think the barbie pink bonicle is a good mental torment is she's acting up. Just think of the possibilities.