Wednesday, October 21, 2009

pride and ...

I did something dumb this evening... Not dumb enough to get anyone hurt, and darn it! I just don't respond well to intimidation - or other people's feelings of entitlement. Went to get my prescription filled at the grocery store pharmacy, and was hoping - of course - for a close parking slot. I was driving along the rows, deciding which one to turn into, and Ohhhh one on the end and the car is pulling out so I'll pull in and kind of through, and then back it in, straight. Only, there was (and I didn't see her at the time) someone else waiting for the spot. Well, we all know that you don't always get the spot you want, and my car did technically hit the slot first, so... I expected her to yield, and she expected me to. I was nicer about it, but I didn't leave. So, we sat there... (I TOLD you it was stupid). Cars around us left... pretty soon, a nice young man from the store came out and attempted mediation. Since the woman in the next space was leaving, I told the fellow, I would take that next spot, (because it really IS a stupid thing for them to have to call the cops over). If there had not been a secondary spot, I would have suggested he stand in the slot, and make us both leave and let someone entirely different have it.

Then I went into the store, to turn in the new prescription, and OF COURSE that woman was there, waiting to pick up her prescription. I didn't go look at here, so how do I know it was her? Because she was talking very LOUDLY and INDIGNANTLY about the whole thing (presumably into a phone...). I was amused, actually, by that. She did not confront me, nor did I confront her. In fact, I turned in the prescription, said I would pick it up tomorrow, and I left. Then, me and my car were gone when she left. I am not about the drama, but more about the point. I made a point, right? It wasn't her spot just because she wanted it... Well, OK, I told you in the first place it was STUPID!

Oh, and the A1C test results were better than I had thought they would be, so no change in diabetic medication, but adding an ACE inhibitor for the blood pressure. Doesn't mean I'm moving back into that condo, though. I am back on a straighter, although questionably narrower, path. Just don't take my parking slot!

No comments: