Monday, October 12, 2009

still processing

Although we didn't get a lot of gaming done at the gaming convention, we did go to some seminars on writing and creating games (not necessarily all in one seminar). Good insight from people who have been/are there doing the job. Good enough insight that it is taking me to process some of it on the way to being inspired. Inspired to what? Write. Maybe even create a game... Who knows.

We also got fabric. Who's surprised? Anyone? Bueller? No? All right, I'll admit that didn't come from the con. I just felt a break from the usual fabric store was in order. One of the pieces was a cool fleecy piece that has swirly grey and black ghosts in the background and big orange skulls tossed liberally around. Needless to say, Raine loved it. I edged it on the surger this evening, and voila, a blanket. Since we got 2 yards of it, it will cover her up for a while, too.

I also got some fabric for Dev. This is not an easy task, to be taken lightly. She wasn't there to be able to check her opinion on it either. The thing is, it's fabulous garb fabric. I know there are those who are likely to be nodding their heads as they read this, knowing just what I mean. It's not even hideous, fabulous garb fabric. It's black, and purple, and definately not period. But she can use it with either side facing out, and it has textural paisleys in it that will show either way. The added bonus is this: if Dev hates it (although I don't think she will) I'll keep it and make something out of it. Win/win. One creativity inspiring another. I love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the fabric. It's actually got really good color and the pattern is pretty cool, definitely garb fabric.