Tuesday, October 6, 2009

guest post







OK, anyone who knows me, or has hung out with me any time at all, knows I have a daughter, who I'm disgustingly fond of. I regale anyone around with her latest exploits and adventures. So yesterday and today, Raine wrote and illustrated a book. I'll help with the translation for those of you not used to reading 1st grade phonetic writing.

Her book is called The Funny Fly, which you can see on the cover.

On the first page, the fly is sleeping in a flower where a caterpillar is munching on a leaf.

Then, the fly flies around and sees a yucca on a cliff. This isn't really a cliff, but a step, but the fly is small.

Aaaaa fly said the other bugs. (I think the fly is going crazy here)

Oh no! every bug shouted. Fly is a funny fly. Every bug shouted again. (that is the fly sitting on the step, looking crazy)

Finally, the fly pushes his tooth out with his tongue, POP! Fly is a funny fly, the other bugs shout.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cute.

Fran said...

Great art and the beginning of a good story arc! You may have a budding novelist there!