Tuesday, October 13, 2009

to work or not to work

Well, I don't mean in general, I'm specifically talking about tomorrow. And maybe Thursday as well. I thought this week I would be able to get some work done in my peaceful classroom this week when everyone at GHS is off, but Cruces schools are not having fall break, so Raine would still be at school. The only thing is, she started running a fever Sunday, and then after most of the day went well on Monday, it popped up again Monday evening. Well today she was fine, and tomorrow - finally - she's heading back to school.

Maybe I can get out to MY school, too. Desks need to be rearranged for the new seating charts. Cleaned too, for that matter. I've got plans to make and copies to run and papers to grade. Yeah. Doesn't that sound like fun? But it should be quiet, and have fewer distractions than I will get at home, so, I'm heading out there. Tomorrow. You betcha.

...I'm going to call first, though, to make sure there is someone there and the gates and buildings are open...

2 comments:

Fran said...

I used to have all that same ambition, but when it came to actually going to school to follow through? I'm not as good a person as you are.

I do hope Raine's okay now!

Dina said...

I actually got there, and did most of what I needed to do. I brought a lot of the grading home to work on. It was wonderfully quiet, but not spooky as sometimes it can be.

Raine is doing fine. She went to school today, and played outside riding her scooter. She's made a new friend with a boy who lives a few houses down and across the street. He has a scooter to ride, too.