Sunday, June 13, 2010

grappler goodness

Tomorrow is get the trash out day. The garbage men come on Tuesday morning. Early. So that means you get it ready and out on Monday. Twice a month, the grappler comes around and picks up the big stuff that people leave out by the curb. Old sofa? Old fridge? Bags full of yard debris? Put it by the curb on grappler day, and the big grappler grabber picks it up and it gets taken away.

This week, the grappler comes, and I've got stuff to kick to the curb, yes I do. Yard waste, some of which I will rake up tomorrow, comes to mind, for sure. Big card board boxes, too. We have piles of rotten boards from changing part of the fence, and I think I will see about getting some of that out there too, this week.

It's kind of liberating, really. Here I am in a purging frame of mind, with the knowledge that I don't have to haul the broken, really no good to anyone stuff to the dump. I can set it at the curb, and it will get gone.

No comments: