Friday, June 4, 2010

scattered

That's how I feel at the moment. Having a little stomach (intestinal) bug hasn't helped that. I have done a lot of reading, though, the past couple of days. I'm working my way through Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, and I started the 4th (last?) one today. I've enjoyed them, even though the print is a little small for me to be focusing on with my glasses. Than means I hold the book closer and read without my glasses most of the time. Not so much that its time for new glasses, although it is the season for getting the ole eyes checked, but the limitations of the multi-prescription lenses that I have.

We are also counting down to Raine's trip to North Carolina to visit her grandparents. She'll take a plane on Sunday, and be gone for two weeks. It will probably be more difficult for me than it is for her, even though I know she really needs the bonding time with and spoiling by her grandparents. They have all kinds of plans already, and it sounds like Raine will have a great time. She will have to come home just so she can rest. Boy is she going to be bored here by comparison! Still, the packing - or at least the pre-packing laundry - will be done tomorrow.

Feeling better now, and hoping Raine has managed to skip the bug all together. Hope that means I can actually accomplish something the next few days...

No comments: