Sunday, January 16, 2011

weekend holiday weekend

So, I think the talk with the administrator went well. Of course, I am still dwelling on it. Of course I am. There has to be a point where, when a student makes the choice not to do his or her work AT ALL, they face the consequences of failing. I will hope that it isn't a significant percentage of the class.

Oh, sure there are things to do differently, and when I figure them out, I change them. Try different things. Observe others, adopt and adapt. All of those things. I'm not perfect and I don't try to say I am. Still. There are things that are beyond my control. Even with my own child, much less the children of others, who - because they are/should be nearing young adulthood - should be taking more and more responsibility for their own actions. Facing the consequences of their choices. I'm not saying throw them to the wolves. Provide opportunity for them to make up their mistakes, but acknowledge that mistakes were made.

I dunno. What are the public schools going to do when they've chased all the teachers out of the profession?

Happier thoughts, Dina, happier. Roxanne and I decided we would actually get more time to sew on Monday's holiday, so that's our plan. Expect pictures!

No comments: