Sunday, January 30, 2011

yoda's wisdom

More and more, as I deal with health issues, as I deal with what I WANT to eat vs. what I need to eat for my health and diabetes, as I deal with the personal issue of being real with myself, I understand and appreciate the wisdom of Yoda. He said to Luke, "Do, or do not. There is no try."

I either exercise, or I do not. Even though I have said it to myself, and probably will again sometime, there is no try. I either eat right, or I do not, there is no try. That "try" has become my excuse for failure, I have come to realize. I "try" to eat the right things, but...

I've taken up swimming again. The new indoor pool has a couple of lap lanes, and Raine is very happy to ride along and play in the rest of the pool while I do laps. 18 laps is half a mile. The last time we went, I got to 15. Unfortunately, I've had to skip the pool this week, and get over a sinus and throat infection, but I sure did want to do some laps yesterday. So far, 2 days a week has been all we have managed, but I can tell some difference. More walking between the trips to the pool is the thing to work on next. I'll try to like it more...

No comments: