Sunday, January 2, 2011

year in review

Seems like the season for them. Go figure. What with being the new year and all, now.

Best things about 2010: reconnecting with family. We traveled to Houston and visited my Aunt, and some cousins. I hadn't seen them for about 15 years. It was a good visit, and thanks to computers and facebook, the reconnection continues. Sometimes I wish I could be closer to them, but the world is what it is, and so is life. I'm happy that we haven't just totally drifted away. I've enjoyed being creative and sewing with my cousin, Roxanne. It has been theraputic in many ways for both of us. I'm looking forward to expanding our repetoire in 2011.

Worst things about 2010: loosing some family members. Any time someone you care about passes away, it is difficult, and multiple people in one year makes it that much harder. I'm disappointed in myself that I haven't taken better care of me. I've done more talking the talk than walking the walk, I'm afraid this past year. I'm working on being better to me this current year.

Hopes for the year: communicate better with friends and family, especially the people closest to me, and who I count as both. Be creative. Make things in many formats. Encourage others to do so as well. Be happy. Grow as a person.

Live.

No comments: