Thursday, December 22, 2011

are you ready

for Christmas? I'm not. Don't get me wrong here, it is hard to hear the light-hearted lilt to it in writing. I'm not all done with the season. I've finally caught the spirit, and I'm not ready to let it go. And I won't have to for a bit, because I'm not done with everything, and it isn't all ready for Santa, or anyone else.

It's nice not to be stressing over it, though. I'm enjoying making the stuff. I just need to learn to start earlier. I think I finally internalized that I will enjoy it when ever I start the process. And I really do like to make things for Christmas. The hard part is - usually - deciding WHAT to make. Sometimes, that is what takes the most time.

So, the count so far is two scarves, and a third underway, one more in the wings. Two sets of mug rugs finished, with three sets of snowflakes 3/4 pieced, and another two sets 1/4 pieced. Some bias tape ready to be ironed, and some more to make for some of the snowflake mug rugs. Have I gone overboard? Definitely. And I'm enjoying the heck out of it. When I'm not working on them, my fingers are itching to get back to them.

So, I'm sorry if your gifts are a little late. Just know they were made with love, and joy. They were ready for Christmas, even if they weren't ready, for Christmas.

No comments: