Saturday, December 24, 2011

merry christmas eve

The morning started off with more snow, but by 10 it was starting to warm up, melt and clear. By noon, when Raine and I left the house, many of the streets were dry. We ended up in Walmart, looking for sweet potatoes and stocking stuffers.

They were out of sweet potatoes. We managed to find stocking stuffers for Ron & I (OK, and a few more for Raine, but she was officially shopped for already). What exciting things did we get for our stockings? Well, new undies, and a long sleeved t-shirt for Ron. Oh yeah, and a wolf calendar for next year as well. I got a new pair of sweatpants since most of mine went away last summer (and they needed to go, too...)

I made green chile stew for dinner, which was yummy.

We opened presents, since Ron is working tomorrow and will be up and gone before Raine or I are even stirring. I got some good ones, mostly thanks to Ron's folks (yay) and my Aunt Tola (yay). It isn't a huge Christmas this year, by presents, but relationship wise, it seems an important mark. One that we weren't necessarily going to celebrate together, but that is even a better celebration since we are, and THAT is the big present.

Oh, yeah. And I did laundry.

1 comment:

Dina said...

I think this is the post you were responding to, right?

Hi Dina,
just wanted to let you know since I can't post a comment on your blog sigh that what you said in your recent one was OUR greatest Christmas gift. To know that you and Ronnie are together and happy is all that we've ever wanted and prayed for......
take care,
Love Linda