Friday, September 26, 2008

ahhhh finances

We love them, don't we? Well, we love them when we have plenty, and we hate our situation when we don't. I've been scarily close to homeless, and I'm not there now, thank goodness. I've been over my head in debt and struggled my way out. It taught me some things and thank goodness (again) that the price wasn't as high as it could have been, nor the lesson as harsh as it might have been.

The situation is better than that now, for which I'm thankful, as you can tell. Still, not as "better" as I would like for it to be. By that, I don't mean anyone to think that I think I should be rich by now. I accepted the fact long ago that I would not do better - financially - than my parents (well, you know, unless I won the lottery or something, and while I keep hoping, that isn't very likely), and probably would not do as well as they did. Then again, they did what they did with some help that I don't have. That's OK, too. I certainly didn't learn better financial management than they knew. THAT is something I really would like to have.

Is it mostly having the discipline to create a budget that doesn't give you your luxuries when you want them? Hmmmm that might be a similar situation to loosing weight. I WANT to... that is until I actually have to give something up. I have ideas and visions of living without spending so much... and mostly all it take is work. You know, that stuff that we lazy people try to avoid? yeah. That would probably be the problem, right there.......

No comments: