Wednesday, September 17, 2008

not tolerance

I just can't stand it! This is really the other side of the tolerance coin. There ARE things that I just won't stand for. That I stand up against, you know. Protecting children is a deep dark line in the sand that one should not cross.

I really hate it when someone says "GOD wants ____(fill in the blank with whatever pet project they are supporting)" What they really mean, is _I_ want this, so you should too. Pretty much anyone who justifies doing anything they want in the name of God, is on my ignore list.

I have a problem with hate. Not that people shouldn't hate, but who or what... and why, sometimes is beyond my understanding. I hate that. Why can't we all just get along? ... to use a famous quote. wouldn't that be nice? Allow others to be different and enjoy the experience. Why SHOULD we all be the same?

So, tolerance. Not everything should be tolerated, but more things than most people are willing to let slide.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Yeah, it's amazing how much religion bollocks up tolerance, isn't it? Funny, that. . .