Wednesday, September 10, 2008

what do I want?

What I really want to do is comment on how extremely frustrated I am with my computer situation I am. Last night - after I posted, fortunately - I spent about an hour total, waiting on this thing to update before it shut down, and then load and configure updates when it restarted. You see, we got an external hard drive to save documents on in case the other one crashed - which it did, so it was a good thing. But even though _I_ could clearly see the hard drive (being external and all) connected to the computer, it did not want to find it. SOOooo I had to restart the thing, hence the waiting and waiting and waiting. grrrr

Actually, what I really want to do is play Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, which is really what I wanted to do last night. See, that game is loaded onto the external hard drive, which the computer couldn't find yesterday, so I had to reboot it. AHhhhh, NOW you are seeing the connection here, right? Here's to hoping I can find it today, else I may run screaming into the night.

I've had it up to here with you, computer! Grumble, grumble, frikin frakin computer, mumble grumble....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever just gotten to that point you want to toss the CPU out a window or take it out in to the desert and empty a couple of rounds into it).

Yup, it's time. You need a new one. Something better than the boys, something Ron and Carl will be jealous of.

Dina said...

ummm.... pay no heed to the various computer bits laying around outside.

Carl updated his computer this year... and has still had to have the power supply replaced AND his monitor gave out (less than a year old) I do want a computer I can do online gaming on, and that tends towards the high end. AND I've been about as patient as I can be, so I want it to be FAST! Fast I tell you! So, yeah, Ron will hardly be able to stand it until it is his turn SOON!