Sunday, September 21, 2008

someone loves me

This I know because he made sure I got a new computer today. We had a serious, heart-to-heart that started out something like..."OK, Ms Grumpypants, it's time to get your new computer." See? Well, OK, it wasn't EXACTLY those words to begin with, but they were in the conversation someplace. Anyway, I got the new computer today. We ended up with a pre-built which means the operating system was included in the price. AND it was really a great deal. We looked at the options and made sure it would be up to speed for gaming (which will be nice for a change - what I was using really wasn't any more - neither mine nor the computer that Carl had lent me)

The last straw was Spore, really. This is a game about evolution, really. Very cool, if you are into games like Civilization, which I really, really am. We have had the creature creator, which they released early to help get people hooked. It worked. Raine LOVES this game, too! Well, I hesitated to put it on Carl's loaner, as it was lagging with Civ (sigh). I figured I was going to have to wait for however long until I got the new box. Ron installed it for me on the other computer today, and playing it was like walking my character through molases. Slow motion. The kind where even a non-athletic slug like me is trying to use body language to help the creature on the screen. SAD. Even Raine thought it was sad and slow.

Now, I haven't fired either Civ or Spore up on this baby yet, and I probably won't get to tonight. It is tempting, but I don't want to pay for the lack of sleep in the morning, I really don't. Still... ooohhhh AAAahhhhhh that's a purty new computer...

1 comment:

Fran said...

He is SUCH a hopeless romantic! Anyone could give you flowers, but a new computer? That's the sign of True Love!