Thursday, September 18, 2008

people...and crafting

A kind of neat thing happened at school/work today. I connected with some of my co-workers. See, I'm basically a shy, rather self conscious person. People who know me well may think whaaa? Because I'm not like that when I get to know people, but before I know them... that's me. I like people, I enjoy watching people and trying to figure them out. I also like talking to people, and sharing experiences with them, and I enjoy having friends. I enjoy having friends more than I enjoy making them. Therefore, I think it is wonderful when I can find people with common interests which I can share with them while the friendship process is going on.

That is where the crafting comes in. A co-worker friend, who loves to do crafts is putting together a crafting group. We can meet a couple times a month and talk and share ideas and work on whatever is at hand. I LOVE groups like this! She also introduced me to Ravelry, a web community for the fiber arts and crafts. It has some handy organizational elements, and places to blog and share and enjoy crafts. I put a link to it on my link list... you can look a little then decide if you want to request an invitation to join. When they invite you to join, that opens up more things, like the organization tools, and friends lists.

I'm a happy camper.

No comments: