Monday, February 16, 2009

back to the routine

Its been lovely, this long weekend. At least for the most part. I got to see some friends, Yay Rob & Raven, heading back to Colorado after much fun in Arizona. Yep, it was Estrella weekend. They are doing well, and Dakota is growing up! I wish it didn't take a year or more for us to see each other. Still life is what it is.

I also got to hear some good news, Dev's townhouse is under contract, and should close on March 10th. Woo Hoo! One step closer to that dream home. You go! I don't know what came over me, but I actually volunteered Ron & I to help Dev & Shannon move. Could it be payback for Dev helping me out with moving more times than I really wanted to move? Probably.

Not all the news was good this weekend, though. My step mother's health has not been good, and is not getting better. We still hope for the best for her, though. Our thoughts are with her, and with Ron's dad, also undergoing some treatments.

Still and all, I could easily get used to this puttering around the house thing. But I won't get to, at least not yet. Back to work tomorrow, and while I grumble about it - we all do at times - I really do like my job. Not only that, but I'm happy and grateful to have it.

No comments: