Sunday, February 1, 2009

projects 2 (or so)

I had a good weekend, as far as sewing and crafting goes. I got to finish a tunic top that has been sitting around in pieces for months. I'll wear it this week, with the new pants that I bought. (I still haven't perfected my pants making techniques) The top is dark blue and gold and Chinese dragony. I'm very happy with it.

I also almost finished a little girl's tunic top. It will go with a tiered skirt that I made last fall. No, of course Raine won't wear that. The top has flowers on it, and a skirt? Not a chance. I made several outfits last fall with the thought of taking them to Jardin de los Ninos and donating them. I couldn't contact anyone by e-mail OR by phone, to find out if there was a specific size needed, or when would be a good time to take them by, or anything. You would think that a place that requests donations would be a little more... friendly. The finished garments went into Raines closet where they will be perfectly safe from wear, and the unfinished projects wen on a back burner. Today, however, I was reading the Sewing Guild Newsletter, and read about a program called One Dress at a Time. When I get done posting here, I'll be checking out their web site, and seeing if there is anything local to contribute to.

It doesn't make me feel bad that Raine doesn't like every piece of kid's clothing that I sew. I still like to sew stuff that I know she won't wear. I also feel like this is a place where I can contribute happily, and make others happy as well.

1 comment:

Fran said...

How absolutely cool you are, to make clothes for needy kids! I always knew you were a shining star!