Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Did you tell your sweetie? Your kids? Your family? Did you remember and get remembered?
Valentine's is one of those commercial things. Way too commercial, generally speaking. Truly, if I had the money, I would probably spend great gobs of it all the time on the ones I love. As it is, I conscientiously tell them how I feel on a regular basis. That doesn't sound as thoughtful as I would perhaps like, but I don't want that, of all things, to go unsaid. It's really not something I take lightly either, with both of my parents gone now.

So, what about that Valentine's romance? I'm terrible at it, myself. If I could think of something eclectic and personal, I'd make it in a flash, or find it to give in some form. I'm not good at romance, though, not comfortable with it on some level or another. I mean, it sounds good. The attention is good...until it gets too much, I guess. I never have been into romance, even in movies, all that kissing clogging up the screen, taking valuable air time...get on with the plot! So, romance is another one of those things that I like the idea of much better than the reality. I did get a plant today, though. We bought a pomegranite bush. We've been talking about getting one for a couple of years, and they seem to grow well around here, so, we finally got it. NOW, we just need to get it in the ground.

No comments: