Monday, May 19, 2008

...and counting

Well, summer in the air was really reinforced today. It was pretty warm out, and the air conditioning sure felt good at home. That end-of-school feeling is in the air as the halls seem quieter and quieter, and people are packing up and putting away and trying to get everything set for a quick day on Thursday. We only have two half-days of finals left. I only have my 3rd period class. Twice. (the joys of A/B scheduling.) but they will enjoy lunch with their 4th period teachers as I will "enjoy" packing lunches into boxes and helping to deliver them to classrooms. Our students have proven too rambunctious for lunch in the cafeteria on the last days of school, and no-one wants to clean up after them in there. Staff luncheon is tomorrow, and grades and check-out are Thursday. I should be out of there by noon. Don't be fooled anyone, they tell you that you can turn in your grades by 3:45, but they MEAN you better have them in by 11:30. Everyone wants to go HOME!

This is the other side of the end of school coin. The teacher's flip side. Wondering if I'll be in a different classroom next year. Wondering whether I'll be teaching 9th grade reading intervention or senior English. Wondering if I'll get all the organization done at home that I would really like to do... and work with Raine on letters and reading... and get her to swimming lessons every day... and sewing, crafts, yard work, etc. At this point I'm looking forward to all of it, by the end of July, I'll be looking forward to new students - which is a good thing, because I'll have them, freshmen or seniors, on August 4th.

No comments: