Friday, May 9, 2008

cross this one off

Went to see Iron Man this evening. The theater was more crowded than I expected, so it was good that we got there early and staked out some good seats. Ok, so it IS Friday, and the film has been getting great reviews. I should have known it would be crowded. Still, I am the optimist.

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, but it WAS an exciting and techno-geeky movie. Jeff Bridges does a great job, but the bald-with-beard look is not his best. It was a good role for Gwyneth Paltrow, and she's not one of my favorite actresses. Robert Downey Jr, though. Wow. He does a really nice job with this part, and I really enjoyed it. Once again he proves what a talented actor he is.

SO, make the effort, go to the theater, although I don't recommend Friday evening, necessarily. This one is worth the price of admission. Stay through the end of the credits.

No comments: