Sunday, May 11, 2008

Summer vacation will soon be here

Everywhere I look in my house are things to be taken care of during that vacation. About the only room that is exempt is my brother's room, and it isn't that things don't need to be done, just it isn't my responsibility to see that they are. I could drive myself crazy trying to figure it all out, and putting order to it all.

So, I have been making a plan, and it starts in the bedroom (not Carl's, he'll be so relieved). To prepare for the purging and organizing process, I've been watching Clean House. I've been psyching myself up with the thought of making new pieces for my wardrobe, woo hoo! We even got some space bags to put some of the saveable stuff in so it will take up less room. My closet needs major help and organization. Not everything that is in there really needs to be IN THERE. I may even have to try my hand at upholstery. Its only been waiting on me how long?!?!? Well, I may not actually get to it over the summer, but getting prepared to be ready... Depends on how full I've really made my summer, and how quickly other things go...

Then, on to the computer room/library. Its the /library part I need to work on. I swear these books fit on those shelves when we took them down to put them into the boxes... what the heck happened? There are still boxes and boxes... and the shelves are full. I want alphabetical by author, people! Not being able to find the book I want when I want it is making me twitch. I can also change out Raine's computer desk on the way to cleaning out her room. She has so many cool drawings and art projects that I want to incorporate into a scrapbook for her. Of course I can't put all of them in it, not even close, but I love having so much to choose from, and once the pages get going, I can make some for the grandmas and the cousin and etc. Which will take us to...

The craft room!!! I love it! but it is not ready to be used, yet. It pretty much needs to be emptied and then set up. It takes more time than I have during school, of course, although parts of it are further along than they were a month ago... or 2 months ago. Plus, I need to use that craft room. I mean I NEED to USE that craft room... sewing, scrapbooking, upholstery! It is the goal that will drive the rest of the work. The reward, so to speak. If I don't save it until last, I won't get anywhere else. If I get the other rooms done, I'll have spaces to put boxes so that I can set that room up right. I can't wait! Just two more weeks...

3 comments:

Fran said...

Oh we are SO there with you on this To Do list! We have to have the house appraised, which means we really have to get it put in shape. And we're stalled; so much to do and we have NO idea where to start!

Dina said...

Fran, are you friends with someone in real estate? Someone like that can give you pointers on what to do and what to leave and what should be a priority... From the shows I've watched, get to the things that affect the way the house works first, and if you think you are really going to sell it, don't do anything too personal to the house.

Fran said...

We know, but we're also aware that in this market, much as we want to get out of it, we may be here for a while. So we're just going to set it up the way we want and hope for the best.

But darn, there's a lot of STUFF here! And I keep getting sidetracked, reading things and looking through stuff. Getting rid of stuff is what I need to be doing.