Sunday, September 27, 2009

facebook, a second take

Some time ago, I wrote a comparison of Facebook, and Ravelry. Its time for an update, I think.

Some thing age better than you thought they would... and some things don't. Facebook has become some thing I enjoy much more than I ever thought I would. It has some fun games, and I like games. I've been able to keep a connection with some friends, and even better, create a connection that is more active than those I've had with some people I really want to keep connected with. Just yesterday, I found one of my cousins and his wife. That really made me happy! Now, I still think Facebook apps can be a little spammy. So I don't and won't send everything to everyone. Nor will i post every score for every game I play, although a few of the high ones will likely appear. Gotta see if I can keep ahead of Dolores with the jewel game.

Ravelry, on the other hand, I don't visit nearly as much as I did for a while. I looked at the groups, and read the threads. It was gossip-y and friendly... and I found I spent way too much time doing it with not much value for my time. I still love that they have a repository for patterns, and that it is a FABULOUS place to share crafts. I just don't spend as much time there, right now.

I still am not into Twitter, though, that has not changed. Really. My life just isn't that interesting. Neither are the lives of most of my friends. I mean, I love them and all, but I don't need to know their every thought or bowel movement, any more than they need to know mine...

Sigh.

2 comments:

Fran said...

You don't want to tweet every possible thought in 140 characters every thirty seconds? What kind of geek ARE you? Heh.

Dina said...

Sigh. I guess I'm a falling-down-on-the-job kind of geek...