Sunday, September 6, 2009

i remember... i think



I think that I remember what i wanted to blog about... and you know what's funny? Yeah, it had something to do with remembering itself.

I finally remembered to take a camera to Saturday sewing. I've been trying to keep a record of the projects I've made, but when it came to going to Roxanne's, and packing up all this stuff, it never seemed like the camera called out to me. This past Saturday, I finally remembered. Here are a couple of the pictures. You'll have to excuse the blurriness, I think the camera thought the fabric was moving.

Tenna bought this fabric for her Eastern Star installation. She paid a seamstress to make tops and skirts for the women involved (OK, the women paid for their own, but you get the idea, more or less). She wanted a black A-line skirt with a band of the top fabric at the bottom. She got a gathered waist skirt with a ruffle at the bottom. She was rather disappointed. AND the tops weren't anything special either. T-shirty. BUT she had all this fabric left over, and Roxanne didn't have a top, so we looked through the patterns, and got this drape necked shirt that was harder to cut out than it was to sew. Last weekend we got Tenna's all put together. This weekend it was Roxanne's turn. We also cut out and sewed up Tenna's A-line skirt, only since she had enough of the print, we made it out of that. That print is a very versital one and will go with so many colors, so both pieces will be flexible.

I also worked on a couple of matching shirts for Raine and her buddy, Ezekiel. All that is left is to sew on the buttons. No, of course I haven't taken pictures of those yet... come on, you can't expect miricles! The fabric was so cute and reminded me of a game they both like to play called Spore.In addition, we worked on Carl's birthday shirt. It still needs some work, but maybe I can get to it tomorrow. I'm hoping.

Not only that, but Dev brought over bags and bags of fabric, donated by a friend. We're going to have a great time going through it and imagining what to sew. There is so much there! Dev is planning to get back into fencing, too... hmmmmm

No comments: