Monday, September 21, 2009

new season

The new season of Heroes started this evening. It holds promise. New characters, new dilemmas, a few twists. I hope it will live up to my hopes and expectations. The new season of Castle has already begun as well. I enjoy this show. I enjoy Nathan Fillion. I'm rather glad that they haven't succumbed to formulea. At least not yet. There were a few episodes in the first season that seemed like they might just dust off some Murder She Wrote, but no so far this season.

So, this evening, I sat through prime time in front of the television (OK, I graded some papers while I was there, too) watching regular network television. Honestly, I can't tell you the last time that happened. Mostly I'm not into CSI or the like, nor the hospital shows... There have been one or two series each season - Like Heroes - that I've watched, but a whole evening???

Then there is the change of the seasons that will occur some time tomorrow afternoon. The change from summer to fall, the autumnal equinox. Time to respect the passing of the warmth, and the growing season. Time for the harvest, and the bounty, and then for the fallow earth to rest and rejuvenate. Soon, the change of the season will become too obvious. The leaves will change, and fall. The temperatures will fall as well. Halloween, then Thanksgiving and before you know it, Christmas and winter. The cycle continues, and the wheel turns, and we are only along for the ride.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I missed the Castle premier. Somehow I just couldn't turn on the TV lasst night. Too tired. Go figure.

But I did catch the NCIS premier, which I'm jazzed about, and the premier of the spin-off. Great cast, but we'll have to see.

You had our cold front, we had your heat. It was almost 90 here. But autumn's coming, that's undeniable.