Tuesday, November 17, 2009

crafty-ness passed forward

So, I was looking in one of my Christmas craft books, thinking it might be time to cross stitch some Christmas ornaments, when I cam across a cute kitty holding a mouse by the tail done in plastic canvas. Yeah, the stuff everyone insists on making a cover for their tissue box with. Well, this one hangs from a door knob and stays away from the tissue, and I thought it might be the perfect craft for Raine.

I checked it out with her, to see if she was interested, and she was. Off we went to Hobby Lobby for some plastic canvas and some blunt plastic needles. Tonight i cut out the little mouse body, and she got started filling it in. It is going to take some practice, but the pieces aren't too large, and she is doing well, so far. Even a bit excited to be taking it on.

If she gets the kitty done, she plans to make a creature for Ezekiel. I don't know why not. I hope her grandparents enjoy her efforts. I think they will...

I hope this is her first steps in a lifetime of loving to make things.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Creativity is to be encouraged always! I hope she has fun with it.