Sunday, November 15, 2009

sewing report

We got Roxanne's dress finished, and she was very happy with it. I don't have a photo to share, because - of course - I forgot to take my camera. I'll get a photo, though, and share when I can. It was definitely a project that had a learning curve included, and that was good as well. The other project for today were some Christmas presents. I serged around the edges of nine pieces of fleece for blankets/throws. They will be snuggley and soft and cozy, and a pretty easy gift that is nice for the price. There was lots of fuzzy stuff in the air... fna - as Lou would have called it - or maybe phna. Anyway, not bad for an afternoon.

I'm reaching a landmark, by the way, with the serger. I've almost used up one of the cones of thread that I got with the machine. (some of the lines use more thread than others) I started off with only basic white and dark thread... and I know my collection will be growing soon, and more as I find the good stuff on sale.

I also got to thank my friend Cindy, who got the machine for me, encouraged me to use it, and told me ( more than once) that I would really like using it. She was right, of course, and I knew she was, but still, I had to get there at my own speed. I let her know that I finally DID get there, and that she could even tell me "I told you so..." (although she was too nice to actually say it).

My next goal with it? Well, after holiday sewing anyway... is to practice some of the embellishment techniques I've been reading about. Hmmm maybe I should practice rolled hems next, and get brave enough to change the settings and all...

No comments: