Thursday, November 12, 2009

oh my head

So, I've been on Enalapril for about a month now... and I've had this nagging headache. Yeah. I put the two together, and looked up the side effects, and yes, headache is one of them. Its not always bad, but sometimes it just pounds. Then of course when I'm tired, like now, its not fun. My eyes don't want to focus. I just want to sleep.

I also read that this drug can dehydrate you. Well, I take a diuretic - also for the high blood pressure - and well, I went and got a big glass of water to drink before bed, hoping that will help some.

I'm kind of disappointed that I'm having this side effect, because I do want my blood pressure to be under control. I also understand that this drug help prevent the kidney damage that might occur as a diabetic. hmmm I hope there is something equivatlent to try.

3 comments:

Fran said...

Tell your doctor! Don't wait, don't be a tough-gal, go tell your doc. These things are important!

Dina said...

I will call his office tomorrow and leave a message with the nurse. I was planning on that anyway... I'm thick, sometimes, but not that tough.

Fran said...

Good for you! Keep me posted on how you're doing, okay?