Monday, November 2, 2009

negativity

I have it. Bad. This is a challenging year at school. I really like to teach, but I'm not getting much chance at it this year. I'm an optimist, really, and I keep hoping, but it's difficult to wade through all the discipline issues. Constant.

So, there's a level of frustration. And yeah, it would help to "talk about it." At least some. I know there are ears that would listen sympathetically, at least on occasion. I know that they are there, and I have taken advantage of some of them. Really. But the person that I would really like to be able to talk to about it - and a lot more stuff - really isn't listening. Not that the person wouldn't listen, but... well, there's some avoidance going on, and I'm not insistent. I mean there are times when making someone do something looses the intent.

Anyway, tonight, I'm not a happy person. Thank goodness that tomorrow can be a new day.

3 comments:

Fran said...

Sweetie, send me a long, venting email. Write it all out and let it go; I may even know some of the players!

Dina said...

Sigh. it is long... and not so complicated. Freshmen who are not mature at the best of times, and I have the lower end of the spectrum.

I may take you up on it... and I sure appreciate the offer.

Fran said...

Email away. I had the ACES kids, so I know freshman lunacy.