Wednesday, November 25, 2009

ready set go

Today we (mostly Carl) smoked our turkey. The bird smells wonderful, and looks great, but still needs a couple hours in the oven to cook all the way through. Still, its ready to go in the car to Alamogordo. So is the dressing, which went together pretty well, also. There is broth for gravy, although NOT giblet gravy. That just leaves the green beans, which will be simmered at Bob & Louise's.

I think that makes us ready for Thanksgiving, tomorrow. Are you ready? I think this is actually one of the less stressful Thanksgiving holidays we've had for a while. I love family get togethers, and those with friends, as well, but I am not the perfect party hostess. Casual is much more my style. I'm out to enjoy, not impress. I think we've achieved that this year, and going to visit Bob and Louise just feels... right.

So up and at 'em tomorrow morning. We don't even have to be that early. But we'll go, and enjoy. Hope you can do the same!

No comments: