Tuesday, November 10, 2009

midweek holiday

It something that doesn't come along too often, really. I'm willing to stay away from work for it, though. Well, all right, I brought some work home with me, but I don't have to go anywhere to do it...

I thought about staying up a little late, but then started nodding off, so I think I won't. Besides, since she doesn't have to get up, Raine will be up bright and early in the morning.

So, to Ron, Lillian, and Mom, and all the other veterans past present and future, thanks for serving our country. Thanks for being willing to take on what others could not or would not. Thank you for enduring hardship and boredom for those moments of accomplishment, bedlam and glory. Thank you for putting your life on the line if needed, for following orders, for questioning orders, for being the strength of the nation that I choose to live in. Thank you.

No comments: