Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Ron and I had our ninth anniversary yesterday. I had to check in my ring. We had them engraved with the date, which is good, otherwise our anniversary would always be the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to me. I would say that we celebrated, but really, we just did our regular Saturday stuff. I think we'll probably save it until after payday, and then go have dinner at the Japanese Kitchen again. Still, we remembered it, and marked it with each other.

Although our marriage is not without flaws, because people are not without flaws, I think Ron and I are well suited to each other. There are moments when I can't believe we have been together for 9 whole years, and I still feel like we are newly-weds. At other moments, our relationship seems timeless, like its just always been that way. Both kinds of moments are nice.

I certainly am glad he is a part of my life, just as I'm happy we have Raine. I lived a long time on my own, but I can't imagine doing it now, without them.

Happy anniversary, Ron. Many more to come.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh Happy Anniversary to both of you! Nine years is definitely something to be proud of!

And yeah, you two are very well suited, in my opinion!