Friday, November 6, 2009

weekend plans

The weekend has arrived. Whew. Not a moment too soon. I have papers to grade, and grades to put into the computer grade book, but...

Roxanne's for sewing tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a little sewing therapy. I found a book in my library of serger techniques that I'm taking over there for Roxanne to peruse. It has some way cool ideas about using the serger for all kinds of fancy schmancy sewing. It will take practice, but, wow. One of the things on our to do soon list is work on some embellishment, and here are some ideas and starting points.

The Ren Fair is this weekend, as well. Although there have been many years where I dressed up and helped provide ambiance at our local Ren Fair, this year will not be one of those. That doesn't stop me from taking a few hours to stroll around and admire the beautiful hand crafted items that abound. Maybe - if we're lucky - get a little Christmas shopping done as well.

Then... its work again on Monday. But let's not think about that now.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I kinda miss RennFaire. We have them here, certainly, but there's something about the one at Young Park that'll always be special.

I hope you have fun, both at the Faire and sewing with Roxanne!