Friday, November 27, 2009

feeling the love

We had a nice time visiting with our cousins for Thanksgiving. The food was good, and not too stressful. Almost everything had been done ahead, and so no one had to work too hard. We really got to visit. We could tell that Bob and Louise were really happy to have us, too.

One of the things that really stood out to me, was that after dinner, one of Louise's friends popped in. She came over just so she could meet Carl and I. She said after 32 years of hearing all about us, she wanted to meet us. How sweet is that? How cool? She came in and gave me a hug like she'd known me forever, and asked me "what are you working on?" She and Louise craft together, and she's seen the many things I've made and given to Louise over the years. When I told her that Roxanne and I were making stuffed rocking horses for Christmas gifts, she was happy, and moved on to meet Carl.

She didn't stay but a few minutes, but what a cool thing! Made me feel all warm and loved. Just what you need for a perfect Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Fran said...

How incredibly cool! You're famous!