Wednesday, November 11, 2009

it was

...a good day. Well, mostly. Raine and I had a nice day. She did her homework and her chores. Then I took her and her friend to the park for a while, then they played here, and even made some aliens with Martian Matter. (that stuff is weird, by the way, but they enjoy it)

Nice to have a hopeful cast to Raine's behavior this week, after many weeks of not so good, especially last week. BUT we got the consequences - both good and bad - written down so all would know them, and we could be more consistent. I'm not fooling myself that everything is fine, now, more like keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have a whole week of good behavior at school. Still I know she is one who must test the boundaries.

So, I'm hoping she'll get to play Spore, again, and so is she... and if not this weekend, maybe next.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Learning to accept the consequences of one's actions is no small feat, and there are lots of folks who never learn it. You're both gifted and cursed with a hugely intelligent youngster, and if you can teach her that, and how to think through to possible consequences, you'll have done more than a great number of parents have!