Sunday, November 1, 2009

sunday sewing




Since we didn't get together yesterday, it being Halloween and all, Roxanne and I worked on her dress for a while today. Its got several tiers to gather for a skirt, and we got the string in those, ready to pin each tier to the next. I also got the bodice basically constructed. Next week we get the whole thing put together, and I'll get pictures. Then we're on to our next projects. We're gearing up for some Christmas goodies. (I know, what a shock...)

In the mean-time, I did work a little on Ron's coat on Saturday. Its close to being finished, although it still needs a little handwork and a lot of button holes. Still, I got Ron to model it for a few pictures. Aren't you the lucky readers...

2 comments:

Fran said...

Woo hoo! What a great coat that is!

Not sure I'm down with it along with the tie-dyed shirt; I'm all about anachronisms, but somehow that one just doesn't "soar" for me. Heh.

But oh my, that's pretty darned impressive work you've done there! Congratulations to both of you -- you for making him, and Ron, the lucky dog, for getting such a faboo coat!

Dina said...

Huh... not with tie dye...I'll have to remember not to use that combo then, lol