Monday, January 2, 2012

counting days

Tomorrow, Raine starts back to school. Thursday, I do. My students, on Monday.I'm trying to cherish the final few days of my holiday (even if I will have to face the alarm clock tomorrow to get Raine going). I think I'll get all of my holiday projects finished, but one (sorry Scarrie). It will get done, just not finished this week. That means 2 out of 3 boxes into the mail.

There are so many lists of New Year's resolutions going around. Making your resolutions public probably helps people keep them, but I'm not one much for them. Oh, I make plenty of resolutions, all year round. Not just at New Year. Some of the ones I continue to work on?

Live more healthily. Walk more. Eat better. Maybe even loose some weight along the way.

Make stuff. Sew it, crochet it, knit it, craft with or with out needles. Creating helps me keep my sanity, and believe me, it NEEDS to be kept!

Clean up my act. I've learned this year that maintenance is important. I've learned that relationships - as well as the physical house - both need attention and upkeep. There is really no such thing as benign neglect, and I feel like if I will make the effort with each, my life will be better.The care should be intentional, and loving. OK, I'm not in love with my house, but if I want it to be a place where love is, then I need to help make it that.

Anyway. Those are the main things. Take responsibility is what a lot of it boils down to. Make my life the place I want to live in. And go back to work.

No comments: