Tuesday, December 2, 2008

check on your children

Here's something for your to-do list and mine. Check on your children. Not only does it help you know where they are and what they are doing, it is - occasionally - amusing.

This evening, when I checked on Raine in the bath tub, she offered - in her words - "nice fresh butt" for pinching. Yep amusing. Later, after pajamas and book reading and tucking in, I checked on her to make sure she was asleep. Hmmm... I couldn't tell. You see, she had her book tented over her face. Yep, sound asleep under it. Sometimes jokes (it was a joke book) are really exhausting.

My evening has been complete when my daughter makes me smile.

1 comment:

Fran said...

One of the best things about being a parent is the ability to embarrass your kids by getting in touch with them at the worst possible moment.

For you, now, it will revolve around potty moments, but later on, oh, the possibilities are endleess and entertaining!

And reassuring.