Monday, December 29, 2008

i said i would




I'm going to post pictures. Last time I posted more than one, I learned that I need to post the last first and the first, last. When I was taking the pictures, just a few minutes ago, I learned that the thing around the lens (don't you love those technical terms?) was creating a shadow in the flash. hmmm I tried a few shots without the flash, which came out better than I thought they might, then I took the thing off and tried a few shots that way. I cropped the shots I wanted to share, as this camera takes a lot of pixels. I hope I can actually include them as they are, and I won't have to modify them further for memory size first.

First (I hope) will be a couple of my latest dragons. One for a friend's daughter, and a lava dragon for Raine. Next a scarf I knitted for the friend's older daughter. I tried wetting the scarf to block it so it wouldn't roll up at the edges, but I'm not sure how good I did with that. maybe more water next time.

Finally, I emptied out three boxes today, with craft books, magazines and leaflets. I got them on the shelves in the craft room, mostly, but I haven't sorted them all quite yet. No sign of the dragon patterns yet, but if I still have them, they're in there somewhere. Two more boxes are poised to go in the car back to school with me on Monday. Now if only I can get the rest of the books onto the shelves, there will be a little more order in here.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Great dragons, and that scarf is just gorgeous!

By the way, I think my dragon's name is Silvermist of Avalon, but I'm just going to call her Snuggles. I get the feeling she won't mind.

Dina said...

Nice name(s). Has Lillian's shown a name preference yet? For a while, I think it liked the name Ducky... I had to explain that it was already taken.