Wednesday, December 17, 2008

receive Christmas cheer

Some friends of ours dropped by this evening with a very unexpected gift of holiday cheer. They brought us a nice box of home-made goodies that is really nice, really nice of them, and really unexpected. It was truly a gift of holiday cheer. It put me in better spirits than even my own crafting has done (and that's saying something). Being thought of by them has been one of the best gifts! Thank you, Peter and Susan! I'm surprised, touched, and definitely more cheerful now.

I am really going to have to be careful around that box, it has so many different yummy treats inside. But I don't feel deprived, because I'm not supposed to eat them. I most certainly will taste things. I also feel happy with myself because I know that will be enough for me. Truly a special gift all they way around.

No comments: