Sunday, December 7, 2008

rest

This was a weekend of not enough sleep. I tend to stay up late on weekend evenings, and then enjoy a little sleeping in on the weekend mornings. Not to be had this weekend, however. Raine was not feeling well Saturday morning, and got me up early to tell me this. Of course, she's supposed to go get her mommy when she doesn't feel good, and she had a mile flu it seems, with a little vomiting and the runs, but was feeling better by the afternoon, thank goodness. Still, she got to bed much closer to her normal time instead of getting to stay up late like she usually does on Saturdays (partly so we can sleep in). Which means - of course - she got up closer to her usual time as well. At least she was feeling fine today, though. If I know what is good for me, I'll get myself to bed early tonight and make up for a little lost sleep though...

I've been making good progress in my holiday crafting. I've knitted most of my first hat. So far so good... It didn't take very long once I got the official one started. I practiced a few times before I started it though. It's been a while since I've knitted. I also got sidetracked with my crocheting by juggling balls. One of the threads I read on the Big Damn Knitters group on Ravelry was talking about them. They were talking about juggling geese, and several people shared patterns or pictures of chicks/ducklings for pattern ideas. The darn things were so cute it distracted me and I had to crochet a few. Now if only I knew someone who would like to juggle them... ha ha ha.

We still haven't put up our Christmas tree, though. I wanted to today, but it just didn't fit in. Hopefully tomorrow evening we can get the sucker out. Even if we just get the lights on tomorrow, we can put the trimmings on later. I did get my Christmas music out and listen to some, though. I did enjoy that.

No comments: